How It Works
Our Security for Today program is designed to help by training and implementing an in-house security and critical incident response team for your house of worship, school or business.
Step 1: Consultation
We’ll start by meeting your leadership team onsite, to learn more about the establishment and its security concerns. This visit will include:
- A physical site survey
- A general threat assessment
- A meeting with the security team
After our visit, we will propose an operations manual and threat response plan. This plan will be presented for collaboration on finishing touches so that your team’s concerns can be put to rest.
Step 2: Training
To ensure total preparation for any type of threat, we offer thorough training across three critical topics:
- CCW: 16-hour class to fulfill the Maryland state requirements to apply for a wear and carry permit. Includes assistance obtaining a CCW permit for each member of the team.
- Pistol 1: Establish the fundamentals of firearm safety and operation.
- Pistol 2: Improve shooting skill set and put new skills to the test throughout.
- Pistol 3: Practice a variety of advanced, lifelike drills fully outdoors.
- First Aid
- Stop The Bleed
Combine the skills learned in the firearm and medical training sessions with the threat response plan in scenario-based training. We provide SIRT pistols to allow for firearms practice onsite.
Step 3: Gearing Up
For maximum effectiveness, you will need to be properly equipped to intervene as immediate responders. Each of your team members will be provided a fully stocked trauma kit. We will also assemble a large trauma kit to provide easy access to everyone throughout the building.
For firearms, we will make recommendations on firearm types, holsters, ammo, and anything else we can help with!
Step 4: Presentation
After taking the time to improve your security efforts, we can help make your staff or congregation aware of how you are better protecting them. We will close out the program with a presentation that includes:
- An introduction of security team members
- An overview of the operations manual
- A comprehensive walkthrough given to staff and congregation members
- A Counter the Mass Shooter presentation to provide knowledge that everyone needs in today’s world